Welcome back to writing Wednesday and we have yet another interview. Today I have self-help and motivational writer, Keywana Wright. Where she has two self-published books which the link will be down below after the interview. But please join me in welcoming her and I hope you enjoy.
- Please introduce yourself before we begin. My name is Keywana Wright, I am a native of Flint, MI. I have one daughter Tayler Williams. I am an Author, Speaker, Self-Publisher, and Life Coach.
- Every writer has an origin story to tell, what’s yours? How I turned my pain into joy. How I used my pain to write poetry and short devotional through difficult times in my life.
- What was the first story, poem or novel you ever worked on? When I was in high school I wrote poetry. As an adult, I started writing short devotionals. I recently wrote about a past situation that I never dealt with and how that issue has shown back up in my life.
- What’s the hardest thing about writing? When you have to write about past situations or something you experienced that bought you pain.
- What Genres do you write in and do you have a favorite? Self-help, motivational, and devotions
- Why do you write? I write to encourage others. To teach others how to journal their prayers. How to speak affirmations in their lives.
- Favorite author and/or book series? One of my favorite authors is Joyce Meyer.
- Okay, the tough question here. It’s no secret that Mental health is important for writers. Seeing that I want to be more of an advocate for it, is there any advice you like to give to people to keep fighting, whether you’re dealing with it personally or know someone that is? I have not been diagnosed with any mental health. My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD at the tender age of 2. I would encourage anyone to seek help, follow your treatment plan and take your medication as prescribed. If you are a Christian pray about it and ask God to heal you. I accepted her diagnosis so that I could ask God to heal her. She is thriving and doing really well with her ADHD symptoms managed by re-direction and medication.
- Before we leave is there anything you’re working on now or anything you have released? Yes, my new E-book released on Amazon Kindle on 01/31/20. It’s Possible, Speak it 30 days of Affirmations.
- Finally, anything you want to say to new writers/artists? I want to encourage you to do what you enjoy and fulfill your God-given purpose whether it is through writing or speaking. Let your light shine.
Thank you, Keywana for your time and words of encouragement. But that’s all I have for you today. I’ll usually have something to say but right now I’m fresh out. But I’ll see you guys on Mental Monday and please have a safe and blessed week.
Also remember, have fun writing, creating, or whatever it is you’re doing. And let no one stop you from doing it.
When I discover who I am, I’ll be free