Welcome back to writing Wednesday!!! And that’s right I have yet another author interview for you all today. This time with Hezekiah Morris from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He’s a self-help and erotica writer and I would appreciate it if you will all join me in learning a little bit more about him.
- Please introduce yourself before we begin: My name is author Hezekiah Morris
- Every writer has an origin story to tell, what’s yours? I started writing when I was incarcerated and I just wanted to put my story out there for all those to read to see if I could help others that were in the same position as I had been in!!
- What was the first story, poem or novel you ever worked on? Restoring Hezekiah: Changing A Generation
- What’s the hardest thing about writing? The hardest thing about writing is wondering if anyone is going to read your story and if they are going to like what you have to say!!
- What Genres do you write in and do you have a favorite? I write self-help books and erotica romance
- Why do you write? I write because it takes me to a place where there is no hurt, no pain, and I can be myself. I am free to be who I want to be without anyone judging me!!! I write because I feel my stories need to be told, and to help others who have been through depression, domestic violence, and drug abuse.
- Favorite author and/or book series? John Grisham
- Okay, the tough question here. It’s no secret that Mental health is important for writers. Seeing that I want to be more of an advocate for it, is there any advice you like to give to people to keep fighting, whether you’re dealing with it personally or know someone that is? I actually deal with depression and bipolar. I think it is very important that we pay attention to our wellbeing and how we conduct ourselves. Every day is not going to be a good day but if we put one foot forward and believe in ourselves we can accomplish whatever we put our minds too.
- Before we leave is there anything you’re working on now or anything you have released? I am working on my sequel to The Player in Me. Just finished my short story Somehow Someway: An Addict’s Story, and I am currently working on a novel about my hometown “Growing up Appomattox.”
- Finally, anything you want to say to new writers/artists? To always tell yourself that you are Somebody and to keep plugging away. Your story will always be different from someone else’s so don’t measure your work to there’s but what is in your heart!!!
That’s all I have for you today ladies and gentlemen. I thank you for stopping this week interview and a special shoutout to Mr. Morris for participating in this interview. If he caught your attention please take some time to look at his work on Amazon. Until next week, stay reading, writing, or whatever it is you’re creating and have fun doing it.
“Don’t compromise yourself-You’re all you have.”